Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Competitors

So I'm still working on my business plan.

It's a long process if one is doing it correctly. It involves research, planning, deep thought, and a whole lot of aggravation. On the plus side, it gives a person allocated time to investigate others who are your competitors. Those who have mastered what your goal.

I have found a website today with an agent who has miraculous taste in photographers. One day my works will take up internet space on this page of great talent.

Here is the list of great photographers that I consider competitors. It is mainly the fashion side of my competition, though a few shoot celebrities as well. Investigation takes a while ;).

With Agent: Michele Filomeno
Alexis Silvagni
Christophe Kutner
Claus Wickrath
David Ferrua
James Macari
Javier Valihonrat
Jean-Francois Campos
Juan Gatti
Peter Lindbergh
Sophie Delaporte
Stafano Galuzzi
Tiziano Magni


I also put Annie Leibovitz on the list even though she is not represented by Filomeno. She has been very lucky to have shot much subject matter that interests me.

This list will grow as my investigation blooms. I am going to try and contact as many of these photographers as I can to get advice from them. They all have incredible work.

No comments: