Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First day of blogging!

Hi.

I'm Nicky Watts, the one and only!! Actually, if you google my name a hockey player also comes up, so I guess I'm not the one and only. But, to elaborate slightly, I am like no other.

This is my first time blogging. I have been encouraged to do this for a while now, so I figured I might as well give it a try.

I'm about to turn 26. Getting older is great and deserves recognition. One more year survived in a world that throws individuals around like the wind. There's pride to reaching an age I never thought I would live to see. My current living location is Henderson, NV; just outside Las Vegas. My boyfriend and I of three years moved here to escape the chaos and cold chill of Chicago. Aug. would have marked my 7th year there; Rich grew up in the suburbs.

My occupation is as a contemporary artist and photographer.

For my age I am well practiced in the process of exhibitions. I worked as a free-lance photographer for over 5 years and have exhibited my art work in nearly 20 art exhibits. Organizing events and collaboration are pass times of mine. I ran an art group called New Works Group closely affiliated with the New Works Gallery at UIC for 2 years while I attended the Art and Design department. I graduated. UIC was a warm encouraging place to be, until my last year and a half. I found my Art Education teachers to be disrespectful and unnecessary, the photography department was my refuge.

In this blog, I will talk about my daily achievements as a photographer and artist. Maybe I will venture into the achievements in my life as well, but we'll see ;). I will start with last night:

I had the wonderful privilege of photographing Malbec in LA, CA. That is my achievement as of now. When I have completed the pictures I will prob have more to say about it. I'm blog pooped out, good bye for now.

Nicky

No comments: