Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today I went to this network lunch with one of my favorite groups I'm involved in; Chics Who Click. Its a wonderful group of photographers that meet once a month for lunch and talk about business. Today we discussed insurance, oh so helpful. The verdict....you need it! Business insurance in particular.

We also talked about PPA I think it is. Highly recommended for its professionalism and support for photographers. I think its actually something else; Professional Photographers Association ....... These girls are a riot. This has been my third month and I plan to continue. Every week (well almost) we take a group picture. Here's our picture this month:

1221185585-1

Fun Hah?

After that I met with Sharon and Deb from the Henderson Art Association. I will be doing PR work for them. It was great to finally get grounded on what is going on with the association. Boy are they in a shift right now, I've come at the perfect time. Not to be arrogant or anything, but the woman who ran it before Deb really had it grounded, and its been in the weird shift that happens when a new director takes over. Now it really sounds like they're ready to move it forward. At least Sharon and Deb are. I am too....all of you who know me sure know I love planning stuff. I will have to restrain myself though, its not my group this time. That my be a little difficult to grasp at first, but I think I will be able to step off. I just hope people tell me if I'm pissing them off.

I'm really excited for tomorrow. I am meeting with Stefani, the individual who is starting the group called WoPro that I am involved in. I love her. She has a great personality and I am really pumped about the group. I can't wait to hear the advances she has made.

Well, soon I'm sure :0

I forgot to mention that the studio we are in for the Chics Who Click lunch is Connie's: Thanks Connie. She's the one who looks like Bette Midler. I love it.

No comments: