Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photoshop girl...and more

I have started my recycled paper sculpture series. I'm really excited, I shoot the first one tomorrow. I have finished the sculpture for it, I tested the 8x10 camera.....and guess what....IT WORKS!

Tomorrow I have a solid team of people who are really excited about working with me. You can't get better than that.

Here are some pics I've finished recently. Its all stuff I shot this year but revised it. Most of it I shot in the last couple months.

Ben Hilt: Raw Milk

This picture is of Ben Hilt of Raw Milk. It is from a shut down bridge in Chicago. It was crazy because I really wanted to shoot at this bridge, but I didn't even know if it had existed anymore. I ran into my first year living in Chicago with the brilliant Chicago artist Emmit Liston, but I hadn't seen it since. So it had basically been 6 years and I only vaguely knew what I was looking for. Rich thought I was crazy and it didn't exist, but here it is. We found it on intuition with no problem. I love it when that works out.

Sheri and Jhanna Cox

These two beautiful young ladies. They are both sisters who also happen to be incredible makeup artists. We shot this photo in Crystal Bowersox's apartment. We shot this when I was visiting Chicago for three weeks a couple months ago (one of 8 shoots). These are pictures that the sisters have wanted for a long time. It was a riot because we were actually (don't tell anyone) going to shoot in an empty apartment, but due to complications ended up shooting in Crystal's. Crystal's mom was there and admitted later that she thought they were lesbians because of their closeness. That made me laugh, these sisters are close, but not that close ;).

This was a great trade, I get to get my eye brows sculpted and my mustache removed when ever I make it to Chicago. These are services I would never pay, but between my trade with Angel at Buzz salon for prints of my Chastised Series and this, I am a very spoiled Chicago tourist :).

Here's another one from that series, but I don't love the background color here. What do you all think, should I change the background? ich likes it but I think it takes away from them. Something's not quite right.

Make Up Artists

The girls wanted the skin very smooth, I'm still debating whether this is way too smooth.

Well, there's more, but this is enough for now. Soon I will do a whole section on Crystal Bowersox. She is my favorite musician that I just so happen to have been lucky enough to have shot about 5 times. I will explain everything some day, but I'm working on her cd cover now and I want to wait. Check out her music at

www.myspace.com/crystallbowersox

I listen to this over and over again, I can't get enough of it.


Well, good night, Nicky

No comments: