Friday, January 30, 2009

Mary Kay

Mary Kay Cosmetics consultant Karen Bindner and a few of her fellow consultants hosted a Valentines Day photo shoot for their old and new clients.

Women came in bare (or close to), washed their faces off with the great Mary Kay skin cleaners, moisturized, applied their brand new face, and came over to me to get their photos taking.

This took place on Tuesday and I have just finished the photos.

This was a little confusing because they originally thought that they would be receiving every photo that I took, but I never give out unedited images. Its my principle. I made minor adjustments to the photos with Lightroom, then took them into photoshop and did very light editing to them. This is how I was able to give them such a discounted price, all shot with in 2 1/2 hours and barely any editing.

They came out great! These women truly are gorgeous and they made my job very easy. All and all it was a wonderful experience. Rich even helped and managed to keep his mouth shut. This was quite a step for him giving that he has problems trying to take over my shoots. He told me before the shoot that he wanted to prove to me that he could work with me with out being a dickhead. He achieved it. I would give him a grade of 87% if it were an assistance quiz. He still has room to improve, but has made great strides. For those of you who don't know, Rich is my life partner and also a great photographer. Him and I have very different styles of working and subject matter. Find his work at richcastro.blogspot.com.

Rich and Fermin, Rich's dad, helped me make a giant heart made out of crinkled newspaper inside trash bags. After I taped the bags together and formed it, I covered it with plaster gauze. Its almost the size of me. It was used as a decoration at the event. I'll be taking photos with it in the near future and will post them, but I don't want to ruin the surprise by posting images of the heart too early.

Here are the completed photos from the event.

Sharon Manary Ashley Valley JourdynSedman1_1lg Jourdyn Sedman Jourdyn Sedman Jourdyn Sedman Kristie Baldasarre Melissa McCormick Ronda Finelli Tania Salazar Heather Neuwirth Jennifer L Hage May Holland Delight Schwartz Sandy White Ruby Warthan

They turned out really good. The makeup looks great consultants!

If you are in need of a make over or are looking for quality products contact Karen:

Karen Bindner: karen2bnatl@cox.net

If you want to have a Mary Kay party with before and after shots let me know. I don't photograph events, but this is more like glamor shots. Its a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"dickhead"

That's real nice.