Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting Plastered in Maui Hawaii

I just returned from paradise last night and thank goodness its nice here in Vegas or else I might have reached a solid level of depression resulting from the departure of my new favorite place.

Hawaii proved to be nothing less than my vivid imagination predicted. Seeing my good friend Dan in his beach boy element added to the joy of the experience.

I want to thank Dan for both entertaining Rich and I while we vacationed, but for also helping me to advance Wear Recycle.

While in Maui I was able to cast 8 people! This included

Casted at the beach:

Dan Schultz's knee: elementary school art teacher and professional volley ball player for EVP

Grant Wistrom's hand in the sign of "Da Shocka": Stay at home dad

The top of Tom Thayer's foot: Sports Broadcaster for the Bears

Casted at Dan's house:

Sean Sultan's boxer brief view of his crotch: manager of Chrome Lotus in Lahaina

Maui casting (2 of 3)

Sierra's hip: waitress at Moose McGillycuddy's restaurant in Lahaina

Jesse's neck and collar bones: body guard

Maui casting (3 of 3)

The back of Melanie Van Duyn's neck: Office manager at Fed Ex

Lisa Joy's ankle heel and calf in a very awkward position: hair stylist in Canada
Lisa-Joy actually lives in Canada but was visiting Hawaii....so I nabbed her. ;)

Maui casting (1 of 3)


Aside from this incredible work, our adventures were great. Rich and I actually hiked an 11 mile adventure through volcano Haleakala. This occurred on the night of the full moon. We started approximately 3:30pm and finished about 11pm. We had no flash lights, Rich's knees were giving out, and by the end I wanted to lay down and sleep on the jagged rocks, but we made it through! It was an amazing achievement that left me sore for days. The moon was incredible. We saw it peaking out of the mountain and watched it quickly expose itself to the quiet landscape.

We managed to hike 8 more miles in different parts of the island before we left; and Rich played 3 games of beach volleyball. We were in heaven.

You can see Rich's photos from the trip at flickr.com/photos/dickyc

No comments: