Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Casting Malbec

To move on.

Last weekend Rich, our old roommate Tim from Chicago, and I drove to LA where we attended a Christmas party with a band named Malbec. Malbec is great. They have wicked hip music and are so creative when it comes to their videos and photos. I photographed them before when I went to LA with Rich. You might have seen it, the photo where the 5 people are wrapped with netting.

This time the whole Malbec crew, excluding their manager let me cast them. It is huge because they are the first people that did not have their heads casted.

Nick's upper back/shoulders

Mark's whole back while he was bending down touching his toes

Sam's shoulder to her elbow but she had it extended back and inverting and flexing

Sid's shoulders but more in the front and separate

Pablos two forearm tops held in fists.

They came out great and I'm really excited both to have alternative body parts other than heads, and 5 people. That's the most so far in one shoot. Exciting!

I just want to mention that I wore a crazy hootchie tight bright red jump suit with a candy cane print belt to their Christmas party. It was treacherous. Certainly a good laugh. I never meant to really wear that thing...Rich wore a bright red button up shirt and and crayon green suit type jacket that was huge. It was so funny. We looked like awkward elves.



Check them out. They are really good and fun. Refreshing.

No comments: