Friday, October 10, 2008

Coco Rouge Shoot

I forgot to mention that I finished the head shot of Heather Heins from the Coco Rouge shoot. For those of you who are not familiar with this shoot, I will post all the post-processed photos from it here.

Heather Heins from Coco Rouge shoot

Here are the credits for the shoot.

Photographer: Nicky Watts
Location: Coco Rouge, Chicago
Model: Heather Heins
Make Up Artist: Katelyn Westerman
Hair Stylist: Angelica Rivera @ Tigerlilie Salon, Chicago
Stylist: Nicky Watts
Necklace: Fey & Company
Dress: Nicole Miller
Assistances: Dicky C, Jamilah Adebesin, Mike Mason

And here are the photos that I finished from this shoot a while back.

Heather Heins At Coco Rouge, Chicago

Heather Heins @ Coco Rouge

This came out of a Butch Walker concert.

I was visiting Chicago a couple months back for three weeks with Rich. My very good friend Andres DeJesus (a great photographer as well) let me borrow his lighting equipment while I was there. Heather (who is a friend of Rich's). mentioned to Rich that she wanted to do a pin up style shoot. He asked me if I had time.

HHmmm....my mind started spinning, as it often does when I'm approached to do a shoot. The next day Heather and I went shopping to find stuff for the shoot. I had already decided I wanted it at Coco Rouge (I had had a drink at a wine bar next door a couple nights before), though at that time didn't know for sure if they would let me. In three days time, I booked the shoot with Coco Rouge, had Katelyn the makeup artist, all the accessories, and we were ready to shoot.

We were having problems finding someone who would do hair without pay. A problem I have had for many of my fun shoots. Last minute, Heather found Angelica and she rushed to get her hair done at Tigerlilie salon before the shoot.

Then the waiting came. Heather had gotten turned around on her way back from the salon and was completely lost. We were suppose to start shooting at 10pm, when Coco Rouge closes, but Heather didn't even arrive until 10:15. The shoot took much longer than I anticipated and we didn't get out until past midnight.

Of course it was all worth it, because these photos came out incredible. Everyone did a wonderful job and Coco Rouge was the perfect setting.

I just wanted to mention the light that is coming from behind Heather. Mike Mason was holding that light and every time it flashed, it must have blinded him but he was such a team player. And Jamilah...how I love Jamilah, I could tell she wanted to be modeling; she's the gorgeous woman in my Afrikan Queen photo below. We will have to do a really elaborate photo shoot with her modeling next time.

No comments: