Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kristen Satterwhite and Shea

Last week I was very busy shooting and am now getting ahead of myself in editing.

On Tuesday the 7th I photographed Kristen Hertzenberg Satterwhite with her daughter Shea. I'll be honest with you, I could have done a lot better job.

My photo forte is very controlled settings and not only did we shoot outside, I forgot my soft boxes and had to make due with what I could manage when we shot inside. I was extremely disappointing with myself because I have been really good about being over pre-pared with my shoots for the last year, but I wasn't this day.

There is a positive that cam out of this lack of preparation; I came up with an idea to have about 10 different equipment/job lists that are laminated so I can mark what I will need with each job, mark that it has been packed, mark that it has been repacked after the shoot, and mark when it has been replaced in its correct position in the studio. This is going to be very helpful, especially when I have 5 shoots in one week like last week.

Either way, here are the picks from that shoot. One of them will be in a magazine for Kristen and I'll upload that when it comes out.

Kristen Shea edited Kristen Shea edited Kristen Shea edited Kristen Shea edited

See what I mean? They're not bad, they're just not the quality I like to expect from myself. I asked Dana (Kristen's husband) if they minded if I re-shot sometime in the future, just for us, no rush with the mag. I'm excited about fixing what went wrong.

No comments: